Unbelievable excitement ensues as two Seattleites prepare for a baby!

Saturday, September 03, 2005

New Job!

It is my pleasure to report that as of Sept. 19, I will be the newest fresh-faced employee of e-retailing giant Amazon.com. All hail e-commerce!

My official title is Associate Buyer of Amazon's new Automotive store. My duties there will be varied and myriad, which is a fancy way of saying I'll be doing a lot of stuff but at the moment I'm not entirely sure what specifically those duties will include.

What I do know is that I'm excited to work for an industry leader like Amazon, even more excited to be part of helping a new venture find success, and most excited yet that this new position does not involve the crippling travel and dispiriting sales responsibilities that my Parts & People gig did.

Not that Parts & People wasn't a great place to work. They're great people with a terrific product, and I wish them well. But this is an excellent thing for our family.

The one noticeable impact as far as this blog is concerned is that as of Sept. 16 I will lose access to the new cars that make Driving with Chris possible. Of course, it's not as if I've been writing those consistently anyway, so I suppose that's no huge loss.

2 Comments:

Blogger Senihele said...

If the change is a good thing, then congratulations!

You can change the "Driving With Chris" entries to "Not With My Daughter" ones in a few years. ;-)

7:17 PM

 
Blogger Chris Hafner said...

---
Just remember, what ever idiot pose you use for your badge will be available for the rest of the (Amazon) world to see... for a long time. So make sure you look like a dork (it worked for me). You know the people who got fired from the DOL for taking pictures that weren't up to their high standards? They work at Amazon. You have been warned.
--

I rarely photograph well, so this ought to be fun.

---

If the change is a good thing, then congratulations!

---

Thanks, because it certainly is a good thing for us.

---

You can change the "Driving With Chris" entries to "Not With My Daughter" ones in a few years. ;-)

---

I look forward to exploring the crotchety old man side of my personality and denying her the ability to do anything fun.

;-)

9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home