Unbelievable excitement ensues as two Seattleites prepare for a baby!

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Blast From the Past


Grandpa Mike with Chris back in 1976.

Grandma Cathy just sent an arresting pair of photos to me today: the first is of my Dad holding me as a baby back in 1976, and the second is of him holding Sophia two weeks ago.

Once you get past how little Dad has changed (though we miss the sideburns, Dad!), it seems a little frightening just how much baby Sophia looks like baby Chris. We even have the same expression on our faces!

Poor kid - here's hoping she starts looking more like her mother soon.

Also, coming soon is a multi-part description of our exploits in South Dakota. I promise descriptions of chilly morning runs, wedding table dancing, odes to the beauty of fast-food Mexican fare, and one of the smallest but most entertaining car shows on record. Keep watching this space!


Grandpa Mike with Sophia in 2005 - look familiar?

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Meirose said...

Did you get to try Taco John's? It's so much better than Taco Bell. Churros! Nachos Grande! Yum!

Big Chris
Because I said so blog

12:00 AM

 
Blogger Chris Hafner said...

> Did you get to try Taco John's?

Try? With me and Taco Johns, it is do or do not! There is no try.

And in the case of this trip, we certainly did Taco Johns.

The greatest culinary influence on my life has been Taco Johns - and every trip back to South Dakota becomes an excercise in maximizing Softshell and Potato Ole intake within a given time period.

In this case, I think we were pretty successful. In three days there, we ate at Taco John's twice - once passing up lunch with Grandma to do so.

What can I say? I'm hopelessly addicted.

6:42 AM

 
Blogger Chris Meirose said...

Time to burn up some bandwidth with some new cute baby photos. The public is becoming restless. Don't make us send paparazzi.... :-)

Big Chris
Because I said so blog

1:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home