Unbelievable excitement ensues as two Seattleites prepare for a baby!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Four Generations


Four generations of Miller - aren't they lovely?

Sophia recently had a chance to meet her Great-Grandmother Mae, Leigh's father's mother. The lucky little tot will next be in line to meet her Great-Grandparents on my side - my mother's parents. I imagine she will commemorate the event like she did the previous one - by looking awestruck for a few minutes, then perhaps spitting up.

You see, we're heading back to beautiful South Dakota for the weekend for my cousin Carol's wedding. In what promises to be a weekend of uncontrolled mayhem, marked by exhausted joy, we will introduce Sophia to all of my family on both sides, attend an eagerly awaited wedding, and stumble home. Given that we leave the house tomorrow morning at 4 a.m. and arrive late Sunday night, I think it's safe to say that I'll be a shell of a man at Amazon on Monda.

Even more of a shell than usual, I suppose. But nevertheless, we're looking forward to this weekend, if not, perhaps, what promises to be a chaotic set of airplane flights.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Meirose said...

Ahh...a pilgrimage to God's country. I think I'll be back the following weekend. If you need any ideas etc. let me know. In a pinch you can call my cell, I know people in all points of the state, or know someone who knows someone. (763.670.8659)

Big Chris
Because I said so blog

12:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is "Amazon on Monda" a themepark? A sitcom? It should be a sitcom about a dwarf who has only one wish in life, and that is to one day sing "Who Let the Dogs Out" at halftime during the Knicks-Pacers game at Madison Square Garden. Unofrtunately, his dream is thwarted when he fins out he has polyps on his vocal cords that will never allow him to sing, much less speak. Did I mention he's a dwarf?

4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home