Unbelievable excitement ensues as two Seattleites prepare for a baby!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Big News Fails to Happen!

Seattle--Today, at Swedish Hospital, Leigh Miller did not give birth to a girl, Sophia, roughly eight pounds in weight.

Today, Miller's due date, was not spent in labor, giving birth to her long-awaited and much-loved child.

"For a little while, nothing was happening," Miller said. "Then, after that, nothing continued to happen."

Miller's husband, Chris Hafner, shared his wife's joy and excitement - or, rather, the exquisite lack of same - at the day's thoroughly excitingly anti-climactic events.

"The day of childbirth is always full of wonder and euphoria; pain and beauty; joy and wistfulness," Hafner said. "It is a day that changes you forever. Today is just like that - except without the childbirth."

When asked for her comment about how she's handling the waiting process, Leigh said, "AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!!!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect! I’ve tapped in 10 times/day, was heartily weary of Storm Story. I knew Sophia wasn't here since we’ve not received The Call - but was eager to read your thoughts about situation. I’m frightened & confused about 1's mixed with !'s in Leigh's comment. Did your little shifty finger get all tuckered out?
Sophia's Gramma H.
P.S. I just checked the clock, and there are six hours left before July 27 officially ends. It could still happen…

3:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

L & C,

I would like to offer some sage and comforting advice from my vast childbirth experience...However, as I cannot seem to get a man to go past first base, much less impregate me, I got nothin'.

I have heard that eating spicy food, sex and foot massages can trigger labor. I think you should try all three. If you're feeling really brave (or desperate!) do all three at once.

Love you guys!!

Karen

6:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patience, Haf, Patience.
Course I imagine she's ready for the arrival. Let us know how things are going.

Brenda

5:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home