Unbelievable excitement ensues as two Seattleites prepare for a baby!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Happy Birthday to Leigh!

Well, the annual four weeks in which I snidely remind Leigh to respect her elders has come to an end - as of Saturday, July 9, she has joined me in the crusty age of 29.

We, of course, celebrated by going to a memorial service, and then on to visit the birthing suites at Swedish Hospital. During the tour, we learned that not only are the birthing suites comfortable, palatial, and tasteful, but that we will only be in them for a short time - to start with, we'll be in triage, with Leigh propped up on a cot in a cubicle, for a period of time ranging from 45 minutes to three hours.

Yeah, that'll be good. Leigh in labor, me freaking out, with her on a cot in a cubicle for three hours before they determine we are ready to go to the birthing suite. I don't see any problems in that scenario.

The picture here is of a Swedish birthing suite - though not from the actual hospital in which Leigh will be giving birth. In fact, it is in no way related - this photo is from the Swedish Covenent Hospital in Chicago, which as far as I could tell is in every way unrelated to Seattle's Swedish aside from its evident nationality.

But, since the tour guide took a dim view of me telling Leigh to get up on a birthing bed and acting like she's in labor so I could get a photo, this is the best I can do. It looks pretty much the same and was available through Google Images - so here you go.


Not the suite in which Leigh will give birth.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bday to Leigh! In nine to twelve months, we'll take you two out for drinks to celebrate the occaision.

7:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While "The Hafner Three" is a good name for this blog, I think it lacks. . .pizazz.

So I've come up with a new name! You'll love it! Ready?

!BLAFNER!

Blog + Hafner = !BLAFNER!

Brilliant! I expect to see it posted forthwith.

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Chris Hafner said...

Blafner! Most excellent. It has all the grace that I've come to embody.

11:15 AM

 
Blogger JMB said...

I vote "Haflog!"

jason

7:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home