Unbelievable excitement ensues as two Seattleites prepare for a baby!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Chris' Object of Automotive Desire - 10/14


This is the big one. Up to this point, I have put forth only those cars that I lust after that I figured others might also appreciate and enjoy. Why inflict anything on the team that they might not also enjoy?

But with this selection, I am baring my very soul. This selection cuts right to the quick of everything I am.

I've wanted one of these badly when I was 10 years old. I've wanted one badly ever since. I'll want one when I'm 80 years old. On some subconscious level, I wanted one when both the car and I were merely a twinkle in our designers' eyes.

Very few other people like these. They're hunchbacked, unreliable, and, by today's standards, unexceptional performers. Yet, while the other COoAD selections get my blood running hot, these get my blood boiling to a degree I can't describe within Amazon.com's decency standards.

These care are my weakness. These cars are my disease. If I had the money, I'd buy 10.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2111436

1986 SPG, Edwardian gray - thank you very much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Meirose said...

That would be a Saab 900 for those readers less knowledgable on cars. And for the record, I'm not a fan. I didn't become much of a Saab enthusist until this most receint generation of cars. They're putting out some fine looking vehicles now, much stole from Volovo from what I can see.

Why I'm not so hot on the 900:
It's long nose, it's short butt, and it's gigantic forehead. It's Richard Nixon with 4 wheels.

Big Chris
Because I said so blog

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Chris Hafner said...

Long nose, gigantic forehead .... no wonder I love the 900 - it's me!

7:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home