Unbelievable excitement ensues as two Seattleites prepare for a baby!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Eric Allen Babysits


Thu 3 Aug 06
While Dad works, Mom travels, and Grampa disappears, Phia and I have a great time getting to know each other. I discover that Sophia is the happiest baby I've ever known. Even when she stumbles, falls, and starts to cry, it doesn' take but a silly face and crazy sound effects to turn those frowns upside down. She is sheer joy.

I especially enjoy the Phia Naptime Monologues which last anywhere from 10-15 minutes before she actually lays down to sleep.


After morning nap and before lunch, I decide a walk to the park is in order. She follows me around the house to her bedroom where we gather a long sleeved shirt (just in case) and a hat. She takes it upon herself to grab the hat from my hand, places it on her head, and then rushes to the living room full of purpose. Curious, I now follow her to find that she is well on her way in a serious attempt to set up the stroller all by herself while continuously chattering about this and that.

Obviously she agrees with my decision to go to the park.


So sure I've been around since Phia first came into the world, and yes I've seen her baptized and even saw her briefly at my wedding, but today is truly a special occasion. I am blessed to have had so much time with Phia. I know today that I've made a new friend. Thanks Phia. Sorry I'll miss your birthday, but here's to a happy first! At least Tommy will be there to celebrate with you on my behalf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home